Monday, August 12, 2013

The Scoop on MAC Lipsticks

Happy Monday y'all!

Today I wanted to give you all the low down on ever-so-popular MAC lipsticks. MAC lipsticks have become a cult favorite among beauty lovers and for good reason. They come in a variety of shades that range from flesh-tone nudes to the most vibrants of reds & pinks. They are available in 9 different standard formulations but I am going to give you my opinion on my 3 favorite formulas, which include: amplified, cremesheen & lustre.


Let's Take a Closer Look
  • Amplified: I personally love the amplified finish despite its somewhat drying formula. I can look past that because some of the most beautiful colors I own are in amplified finishes. As long as I apply some lip balm before I apply it, I'm golden. They typically last around 3-4 hours for me and can leave a stain on the lips as it wears off. Infamous amplified shades include Impassioned, Girl About Town, Vegas Volt & Chatterbox.
  • Cremesheen: Ah, the famous cremesheen finish. Definitely my favorite formula of MAC lipsticks. Ask almost anyone and I bet you they will say the same. Why? Well it's simple really. They are everything most women want in a lipstick: they give great color pay-off, don't dry out the lips and last for a reasonable amount of time. You can expect them to last around 2 hours on the lips, which is pretty impressive given how moisturizing they are. Cult colors include Creme Cup, Ravishing, Creme d'Nude & Lickable. 
  • Lustre: My close second to the cremesheen lipsticks simply because it is a very moisturizing formula, which I adore. The wear time is not as long as the cremesheens and you have to apply them much more often but it is worth it in my opinion because the colors are lovely. My favorites include Lovelorn, Plumful & Freckletone. 
There are other MAC lipstick formulas that I have tried and liked but these are my very favorite. I would highly suggest them to anyone and they are included frequently in my beauty routine. They are priced at a fairly reasonable $15, which I don't mind spending considering their quality and color range (and they smell amazinggg.) Well, that's all I have for now guys! Have a fantastic rest of the day!

Click here to check out some of these amazing lipsticks!

Love,
      Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment