Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation

Hello everyone! This review is going to be talking about my all time high-end foundation: 
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua ($45). 

It is perfection in a bottle, seriously. I purchased this for the first time last summer after seeing numerous videos and reviews on how great it was and I just had to find out for myself if it really lived up to the hype. It definitely did and still continues to impress each time I use it. 


Details

  • The coverage provided from this foundation is very natural, light to medium and evens out the skin tone and redness without having to use much product (a pea-sized amount using does it for me.) I have the shade 20 Biege, which is yellow-based. There are 10 shades available in this line, 5 are yellow-based and 5 are more pink-based (they will have the word rosé in their name.)
  • This is a scented foundation, which I personally love. I am typically not a fan of scented products on and around my face as it tends to irritate my skin and eyes but this one is very subtle. It is a floral kind of fragrance, very womanly and sophisticated. 
  • It contains Broad Spectrum SPF 15, which is great. Now, I have noticed this gives off a white cast in flash photography so I tend to shy away from it when I know I will be taking a lot of pictures but it has not been a problem when flash is not in use. I definitely would not think of that as a deterrent when trying to decide whether or not to purchase this foundation.
  • I love to use this on its own OR mixed with other foundations. It works beautifully when combined with Revlon Colorstay Foundation. The two working together provide a little more coverage but the Chanel foundation adds more dewiness, which leaves you with a radiant glow and flawless canvas. I definitely recommend trying this if you own both foundations. 
  • This foundation will last me from the time I put it on in the morning until I take it off at night. Granted, it will not look as fresh as it did when I first applied it but let's be honest, most don't. I do recommend setting it with a light powder though unless you have very dry skin. 
  • My favorite way to apply it is with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush but I have found that using your fingers work just as well if you can't get your hands on a brush.
  • Make sure you shake the foundation well before you starting applying it or it will be a runny, watery mess. It is a water-based consistency as compared to a silicon-based foundation, meaning that it needs to be mixed before it is used to get the full effect of the product.
I know that this foundation is a little on the pricey side and that's the only thing I do not like about it but you really are paying for a very luxurious cosmetic and I think that it is worth the price. So definitely check it out if you get the chance! 

Click here to check out this amazing foundation!


Love,
     Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment