Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Review: Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener

Hey there! I'm coming to you with a review of the Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener ($19). The popularity of lining the inner rims of the eyes with a white or nude colored pencil started even way back in Marilyn Monroe's era, which her makeup artist Whitey Synder used to give her that doll-eyed effect. When using a black liner on the inner rims of the eyes, it can sometimes give the eyes a harsh closed-off appearance(depending on your eye shape) instead of the big, bright and awake look that most people are going for. There are several eye pencils designed specifically for this purpose but this is the one that I love the most.

The thing that I love the most about this particular pencil is that it is not stark white. I've used pencils like that before and in my opinion, it looked very strange on me. The contrast of the white pencil against my skin and eye makeup just looked off and unnatural. That's when I turned to nude or flesh tone colored pencils. Bingo. I received this Tarte one from my mom for Christmas last year and it has been a staple in my routine ever since. It awakes up my eyes without being too overpowering and draws attention to my eye makeup for all of the right reasons. It is especially helpful on those morning when we just don't seem to get enough sleep the night before (this tends to be a reoccurring event for me..) Overall, I think this is something that everyone should invest in or at least take a look at the next time you make a trip to Sephora. I promise you won't regret it! 

Drugstore Dupe: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl EyeLiner in Nude

Click here to check out this amazing product!
Love,
      Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment