Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pretty in Pink: Best Pink Lipliners

Let's take a bit to talk about lipliners. I love lipliners and I love anything pink, hence my love for these gorgeous pink liners. Adding a liner underneath a lipstick can really amp up your look, making colors appear brighter and your lips look fuller. Sounds pretty nice huh? :)

  • This beautiful shade is described as a "shimmering light pink". Personally, it comes out as a deeper, more muted pink on my skin tone but as with anything, it will look different on everyone. The lighter your skin tone, the darker it will appear on you. I love putting this on underneath my MAC lipstick in Cremecup; it really brings out the pink tones in the lipstick. The formula of the pencil can be somewhat drying if you don't apply a lip balm underneath so look out for that. Other than that, it is a wonderful product! 

  • This liner is described as a "nude-pink". That is exactly right. In my opinion, this is the perfect nude liner, especially for me. It has the right amount of pink in it so the nude isn't overpowering and won't wash your complexion out. This liner even looks amazing on its own when you want just a little bit of color or paired with a smokey eye. Top it with some clear or light pink gloss and you're set! 

  • My favorite favorite favorite lipliner ever! I love a great hot pink lip and this is an essential! It is very fuchsia-toned and borderline neon. It gives a beautiful look and this one really makes your lips look full! Once again, this formula can be drying, mainly because it is a waterproof pencil so apply that lip balm before you put it on. This color looks amazingg when it's paired with MAC's Impassioned lipstick. 
MAC Lipliner in Great Catch (Limited Edition) ($15)

  • This is a wonderful everyday pink liner. It may be a little bold for some but for me, I would wear this with my every day makeup. It is a limited edition liner that came out this past Christmas, which makes coming in contact with it more tricky but MAC is known for re-promoting their limited edition products so don't lose hope! This is also another liner that looks great when simply worn on it's own but can also be combined with other products. The formula of this is different than the other ones I have talked about, I haven't noticed it drying it out my lips so you can get by without lip balm this time. ;) 
From left to right: Wicked, Naked, 16C & Great Catch

P.S. click the names of the products listed below the pictures to check out these awesome lipliners!


Love,
     Ky



No comments:

Post a Comment