Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag: August

It's that time of the month! Yes, my ipsy glam bag has arrived and I'm super excited! If you aren't familiar with ipsy bags, they are monthly goody bags that are mailed out with sample and deluxe-size products to try. They send makeup, skin care products and pretty much anything beauty related! I have found so many great items through this company and I absolutely love it. Click here to find out more about these awesome bags! 

This month, I received 5 products to test out! 










  • MICA Shimmer Powder in 17 Bronze: I love this color! It's very, very pigmented and wears well on the eyes! I didn't experience a lot of fall out even without using a medium mixer, which I love. It's a gorgeous summer color but would also look beautiful in the fall and winter. 
  • Pixie Lash Booster Mascara: This is one that I'm not so hyped on. First off, the brush is about as simple as you can get and honestly just looks very cheap. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it anyways. It really didn't do anything for my lashes and just made them a clumpy mess. AND it smudged like crazy, which is something I can't stand. I do not recommend this at all. There are much better mascaras out there for half the price. 
  • Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 69: Beautiful, beautiful red. As I've said before, I typically don't go for a red lip but this color is stunning. It looks amazing with tan skin or even pale skin. This is the first revolution lipstick I have tried from Urban Decay since they are fairly new but I definitely want to get more after trying this. It's not drying on the lips and it wears for a very long time. Seriously, check this stuff out!
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: This is one of my favorite primers so I've already had plenty of experience with this product before. It's amazing. It's a cult favorite among beauty lovers; it smooths out the skin and makes foundation glide on beautifully. It's also very hydrating for dry skin and doesn't clog pores! The only thing is I would not suggest this for oily skin. I know that many people with oily skin prefer the Smashbox Photo Finish Light instead as it has a different consistency and doesn't feel as heavy.
  • Michael Todd Pumpkin Facial Mask: I have mixed emotions about this. Now it's stated on the bottle that it will work for all skin types except sensitive. Well, I have sensitive skin but I was like what the heck, I'll give it a whirl anyways. The directions say to only leave it on for 5-10 or less and then rinse with warm water. I left it on for about 3 minutes and was dying to get it off at that point. It burned and was very uncomfortable on my skin. That being said, it did make my skin look very glowy and fresh afterwards but the process of getting there was not fun. It says to repeat the treatment every 1-2 weeks so I'll continue experimenting and let you know what I conclude in a later post. 
Click the names of the products below each picture to find out more about these beauty items!

Love,
     Ky




No comments:

Post a Comment