Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Favorite Drugstore Foundations

 
Hello Beauty Lovers!
 
Today I am bringing you my top drugstore foundations! Over my 3 years of slowly becoming a beauty fanatic, I started to notice that many of my staple products were being purchased during my many trips to my local Walgreens and Target. Sound familiar anyone? :) The drugstore brands have really upped their game in the beauty industry, which is a win-win situation for all! Below I shared my thoughts on what I think to be a few of the best foundations I have come in contact with and why it is that I love them so much!

 

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation $12.95

  • This is a foundation that is fairly new to my collection but I still consider one of my favorites. I have the shade W3, which works for me in the summer months but I know will be way too dark if I don't self tan in the winter. To me, the difference in the shades W1-2 & W3 is pretty significant so watch out for that when choosing your color. It provides a very natural coverage while still cancelling out redness and evening out skin tone. It is excellent for dry skin, which I have and gives me the dewy appearance that I naturally lack. It doesn't appear to oxidize and can last upwards of 6 hours before it starts to gradually wear off.

Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry Skin $10.99

  • My absolute favorite drugstore foundation! I always seem to come back to this one because it is so versatile; it can be sheered out or built up in layers depending on your skin needs. It lasts all day and has a slight sheen to it that gives the skin a very youthful and healthy glow but not quite as much as the Lumi foundation mentioned above. It has a fairly thick consistency that is very creamy and feels wonderful on the skin. I have the shade Natural Biege for summer months and the shade Buff for winter months. The only flaw I have with this is the same complaint that most people have: the dang bottle. You tip that baby just slightly too much and foundation goes everywhere. Oh yes, I've done it many times. If this had a pump on it, my life would literally be complete(okay, not literally but you know what I'm saying people.)

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup $10.99

  • Notice the trend with Revlon makeup? ;) Again, an amazing foundation that offers full coverage for those "bad" skin days. It lasts for an incredibly long time and does not wear off until I take my makeup off at night. It has buildable coverage but for the most part, it will start off as a medium+ coverage and go from there. Now, let's take a second to talk about the packaging. Personally, it is one of the prettiest makeup items I own and I love the way it looks sitting in my drawer. The down side is that it is very bulky and not ideal to travel with. I would love to take this with me when I'm on vacation or whatever it may be but it is so heavy and takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag. But looking past all of that, it is still a wonderful product and I continue to keep it up high on my list of favorites. I have the shade Medium Biege for the summer months and Buff for winter months( I know, pale problems.)
Love,
       Ky






No comments:

Post a Comment