Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Favorite Drugstore Mascaras

I wanted to share my favorite drugstore mascaras today! Drugstore mascaras have made their way into my heart over the years and even though I have some die hard high-end favorites, the mascaras at the drugstore have proved to be some tough competition. A lot of high-end mascaras have an equivalent at your local CVS or Walgreens so you don't have to break your bank to have full, voluminous lashes! I've compiled my thoughts and reviews of seriously incredible mascara finds below so check it out and maybe it'll help you find a new favorite! :) 


Covergirl Clump Crusher 


Revlon Lash Potion 


L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition 


L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions


Covergirl Clump Crusher: I have had a serious love affair with this mascara for several months now. I heard person after person after person on YouTube talk about how amazing this stuff was until I finally had to go out and get it myself. I agree 100%, it's amazing. It truly lives up to the claim of "crushing clumps". No matter how many coats of this stuff I apply, it will not clump and form the dreaded "uni-lash". The formula is not too wet or too dry and the brush is just the right size. The only thing about this wand is that it is very hard so be very careful when working close to the lash root. I usually use it after I apply the Revlon Lash Potion, which is an absolutely beautiful combo of mascaras to use together if you want full, thick lashes. It looks pretty good when applied by itself but it really shines when you use it in combination with another mascara. I also have found that it never really flakes or smudges on me, especially the water resistant formula.

Revlon Lash Potion: This is a more recent discovery for me but it has already made its way into my favorites so that should say a lot about how I feel about this. I definitely recommend checking this one out if you want voluminous lashes but you don't really need help with length. I have decently long lashes so I don't have an issue with needing length but if you have fairly short, stubbly lashes, I do not think this will work for you. The formula is very, very wet and can be prone to smudging but I can look past that because I love it so much. The brush is a little bigger than most wands but that hasn't presented a problem for me. It also has a very rich, dark black color, which is a little harder to find in the drugstore.

L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition: I'm sure many of you have already heard about this mascara because it has created quite the buzz around the beauty world. If you haven't heard, let me tell you about how great it is. It's been compared many times to the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara, which retails for $30. For almost a fourth of the price, this L'Oreal mascara is almost identical, even the brush. It does exactly what the name says, it adds tons of volume to the lashes, almost creating a false lash effect. The formula is very wet, which can make working with it very tricky. It is definitely not a mascara that you can just slap on and run out the door. I have to work very slow with it for it not to start clumping. I have had it smudge on me before but it's not horrific. Other than that, it is a wonderful product and I highly recommend it. 

L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions: Sticking with the L'Oreal trend, the Shocking Extensions mascara is almost the polar opposite of Voluminous Full Definition. The wand is very thin and a little longer since its main purpose is to add length. That being said, it does add a good amount of volume despite the wand being so slim. Again, it is a very wet mascara but it doesn't not smudge on me at all nor does it flake, which makes me like it 10x more. It is honestly one of the best mascaras I have ever used and I would absolutely recommend it to everybody. It's the one I always reach for when I'm in a rush because it builds up volume and length in literally 2 quick coats. 


Love,
     Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment