Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Prom Shoes!

Okay, I know we are way past prom season guys but the shoes I wore this year a little different than your classic high heel. I had knee surgery about a month before prom and was told I couldn't wear heals. Naturally, I was distraught because come on, every girl wants to get all fancied up and wear heals and feel womanly. But I started thinking and researching my options when I came across a pair of the cutest pair of sparkly Converse ever on Pinterest. I have loved Converse since I was a little girl and this was the perfect opportunity to customize my own pair of Chucks! So, I got on the Converse site and designed my own pair of navy polka-dot Converse with yellow laces (which matched my school colors and my yellow dress.) I searched Pinterest again and found that a lot of people were rhinestoning the ends of their Converse, which is so adorable. So of course, I had to do that too. It was so fun and I loved being able to customize my shoes to my dress and making the most out of my situation! 


This is what I came up with:




I used some left over material from my dress after it had been altered and ribbon mixed together to make the shoe laces. The shoes laces that came with the Converse were yellow and they were cute but I wanted something just a bit fancier. :) I used Swarovski AB Crystals with e-6000 glue to stone the front of the shoes. That was definitely a time consuming process to get them to look the way I wanted but it was so worth it! I absolutely love the way these babies turned out and as you can see from the picture above, I wore some yellow polka-dot socks with them for an extra touch of girly-ness. :) I hope you all enjoyed this! 

Love,
     Ky 

No comments:

Post a Comment