Friday, August 16, 2013

Review: Revlon Lip Butters


The Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter's have been quite the buzz around the beauty community for the past year or two. When they first hit the shelves, there was nothing else that compared to them; they're creamy, moisturizing & extremely comfortable on the lips. Since their release, there have been many other brands that have come out with a similar concept but I still think there is nothing that can compare to the Revlon Lip Butters considering you can find them at the drugstore and they offer a variety of shades. 


 From left to right: Sugar Frosting, Peach Parfait & Strawberry Shortcake



From left to right: Sorbet, Lollipop & Candy Apple


Sugar Frosting: Very light, shimmery nude. Definitely more on the pink-nude side, which I like. This is my go-to, easy lip color. I think it would flatter virtually any skin tone.
Peach Parfait: This is my least favorite color simply because it is so shimmery. It has very chunky glitter mixed in with it, making it abrasive and uncomfortable to wear. The color itself is very pretty but I never wear because of the glitter. I don't really gravitate towards disco lips! ;) 
Strawberry Shortcake: Very beautiful, perfect girly pink color. Love love love this color. I find myself reaching for this one the most. As you have probably figured out by now, pink is my favorite color to wear on my lips and this one meets all my qualifications. Definitely recommend checking this out if you haven't already. 
Sorbet: Once again, a lovely pink color. It is a brighter pink than the one listed above but I would still consider it wearable for every day looks. I see a peach undertone to it, which compliments tan skin beautifully. It doesn't contain any glitter, just has a very glossy look to it that is so pretty!
Lollipop: Fuchsia-toned, bright pink. I go back and forth with this color; some days I like it, some days I don't. I am typically a huge fan of fuchsia lipsticks but this one has something to it that throws me. I do think it looks better when I have a tan and doesn't seem to flatter my pale skin at all. Still an awesome color though!
Candy Apple: This is one of the few red lipsticks that I own since I typically don't go for a red lip but I really like this color! It is truly the color of a candy apple and makes the teeth appear very white even though it doesn't really have any blue tones in it. It is a red lipstick, yes but I don't think of it as a statement red like MAC Ruby Woo. If you're searching for a wearable, low-maintanance red color, be sure to take a look at this at your local drugstore! 


Love,
     Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment