Friday, September 6, 2013

Top 6 Drugstore Lipsticks



Howdy guys! I know my blogging has been somewhat scattered the past couple days, I apologize! College gets a bit crazy at times. Anyways, I'm back now and I'm here to share my top 6 favorite drugstore lipsticks! Now, when I say favorite lipsticks, I am referring to the particular type of lipstick within a brand and it's broad range of colors. I will show you an example from each brand in just one color but know that no matter what color you choose, the lipstick itself will be amazing! I am a huge lover of drugstore lipsticks, there are so many to choose from and at a fairly decent price. Granted, there are some that you have to sort through to find the really outstanding products but once you find them, I promise you won't be disappointed! 

1. Revlon Lip Butters





I've dedicated a whole post to the Revlon Lip Butters on my blog before so this one shouldn't be any surprise. These are beautiful lipsticks with a buttery, smooth texture that glides on the lips easily. It is the most hydrating lipstick I have found at the drugstore, which earns it huge brownie points in my opinion. It doesn't cake, they are very pigmented and they stay on for a decent amount of time! They average about $6 at most drugstores. 

2.Covergirl Jumbo Gloss Balm



 This is another hydrating lipstick that I absolutely love! It is technically called a "gloss balm" but I think it could still be considered a lipstick. This is actually the lipstick I chose for prom and even though it didn't last as long as I would have liked, I was comfortable knowing that the color fades gradually, doesn't feather and it wouldn't start chipping off awkwardly like most long-lasting lipsticks do. Covergirl has definitely won me over with this stuff and I also love the fact that the color selection is pretty wide and they are all colors that I could wear on an every-day basis. They run about $6.99 at most drugstores. 

3. L’Oreal Colour Riche 




L'Oreal never fails to impress me with their lip products, I've yet to have a bad experience with anything I've tried. This one is no different, the Colour Riche lipsticks are fabulous! This, once again, is a more hydrating formula, which I find delightful. Naturally, the lasting power isn't as great since it is more like a balm but that honestly doesn't make it or break it for me with this. The color range is phenomenal, there is a color for everyone and more! The only thing I have noticed with this stuff that I don't particularly like is that it can feather just a bit but usually if I put a lip balm on underneath it, it won't cause a problem. This usually costs about $7.99 at most drugstores. 

4. Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick 



Love it love it love it! All of the Revlon lip products are fantastic and I especially love this formula. It's creamy, long-wearing and it doesn't feather! The color range for these lipsticks is decent, there are mainly a lot of bright colors though so if you are more of a nude lip girl, these might not cut it for you. Other than that, they are wonderful and I highly recommend them! They retail for around $8 at most drugstores. 

5. Maybelline Color Sensational



By far my favorite lipsticks from the drugstore! They have the best formula I have found yet for long-wearing lipsticks: it lasts for hours, doesn't dry out my lips and it leaves a nice stain when it fades. I first discovered these lipsticks when the Maybelline Vivids line was released and since then, I can't get enough of this stuff! You should absolutely go check these lipsticks out, they are just stunning and everything a lipstick should be. They usually go for $6 at most drugstores. 

6. Rimmel Show Off  Lip Lacquer 



Finally, the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer's. Fabulous. These are fairly new to the drugstore and even newer to my collection! I first started hearing about these when they were released in England and I heard tons of girls on YouTube raving about them. And may I say that they are living up to the hype. They feel very similar to a lipgloss and they aren't heavy on the lips but they pack a ton of pigment with little effort on your end! They last for a very long time and have an amazing color range! The best part is they retail for $5, which makes me love them even more! 

Love,
     Ky  

No comments:

Post a Comment