Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My MAC Eyeshadows

Hello friends! Today I wanted to share with you my MAC eyeshadows. I really don't own a large collection of MAC eyeshadows simply because my favorite eyeshadows are from Urban Decay and their palettes. However, I have acquired some favorites from MAC that I really couldn't live without and I wanted to let you all in on them! Below I've shown the 2 MAC quad's that I designed online as well as one duo and 2 holiday palettes. So let's jump into it! 

Neutral's Palette 


Top Left: Nylon Top Right: Scene Bottom Left: Satin Taupe Bottom Right: Brule
From left to right: Brule, Satin Taupe, Scene & Nylon

Brule: Neutral, creamy flesh-toned color.
Satin Taupe: Amazing, wonderful, awesome brown with a gold undertone! I use this color almost every day on the outer third of my lid and I find that it really compliments my green eyes. 
Scene: The picture isn't really showing this but this light grey color has a blue undertone to it that cools it down. It is the perfect smokey eye color for the outer half of the lid or in the crease.
Nylon: A stunning yellow-based highlight color that looks amazing in the inner corner of the eyes and on the brow bone. I also love using this on the center of my lid to bring attention to that area. The only thing I would say for this is that if you taking pictures with flash photography, I would not recommend using this color. The shimmer in this will reflect the flash, making your eyes look like a disco ball!

Purple Palette


Top Left: Cork Top Right: Stars n Rockets Bottom Left: Beautiful Iris Bottom Right: Contrast
From left to right: Contrast, Beautiful Iris, Stars n Rockets & Cork

Contrast: Beautiful deep blue with a hint of sparkle. When used with purples, it draws a purple hue out of the color that is absolutely stunning!
Beautiful Iris: Lilac, light purple that I love using in the inner third of my lid when I do a purple smokey eye. It's not too overpowering and gives a softer look to the smokey eye.
Stars n Rockets: MY FAVORITE COLOR EVER! Yes, it makes me that excited! I can't even explain my love for this color. It is more on the pink side of purple with a duo chrome look. I love packing this color on top of black eyeliner, it gives an iridescent flash of purplish pink color that is amazing! I highly recommend this color, especially if you have green eyes. It makes them stand out like crazy.
Cork: I have to say, I was not a fan of this color when I first got it, even though I had heard tons of people rave about it. I figured out that it looks the best when I use it to blend out a colored eyeshadow look. Adding in a warm brown in the crease to a colored lid gives more dimension and tones down the look so it's not so striking.

Lady Gray Palette

Top Left: All Races Top Right: Tendersmoke Bottom Left: Lady Grey Bottom Right: Hazy Day
From left to right: Hazy Day, Lady Grey, Tendersmoke & All Races

Hazy Day: Brown, metallic shade with a gold shimmer. Very pigments and blends beautifully!
Lady Grey: Contrary to the name, this is color is not at all grey; it is in fact green. Mid-range mossy green that looks amazing when paired with brown shadows. 
Tendersmoke: Soft purple with a slight sheen. 
All Races: Tan, matte brown color. Great color to use in the crease!

Pink/Purple Duo


Left: Radial Pink Right: Shadowy Lady 
From left to right: Shadowy Lady & Radial Pink

Shadowy Lady: One of my favorite dark purple shades! This one can be tricky-it is a deep plum color but only truly shows up with the purple tint when paired with purple or pink shades. If you mix it in with browns, it will definitely be masked by the brown hues. Still a lovely color though!
Radial Pink: Again, one of my favorite shades! Since I have green eyes, anything in the range of pink to purple and even red compliment my eye color so this soft pink shade works so well when paired with its companion in the duo (hence that's why they were put together.) If you can get your hands on this duo, don't pass it up!

Fabulousness: Neutral Eyes (Limited Edition)


From left to right: Blonde Mink, Magical Mist, Brun, Enviable & Smut 
From left to right: Smut, Enviable, Brun, Magical Mist & Blonde Mink

Smut: This color is very similar to the Shadowy Lady color I just talked about, maybe just a touch lighter. It contains the smallest amount of sheen to it, I would almost consider it matte. I love using this color on my lower lashline so it's not as harsh as black and has the purple tone in it. 
Enviable: When I do green smokey eyes, this is my go-to color! It is very pigmented so you have to work with caution when using this color but other than that, it is gorgeous! It's very shimmery too, which adds a lot to a smokey eye. 
Brun: Hands down my favorite brown shade. There is nothing like it, I promise. It is a cool brown, which balances well with my neutral, slightly warm skin tone. It is just perfection, I love using it on my lower lashline and also in my crease. 
Magical Mist: Since I've been on the topic of smokey eyes a lot when talking about these colors, let me say that this is the perfect lid color for brown or grey smokey eyes. It is a cool grey tone that is very shimmery but not overwhelming and draws emphasis start to your eyes, which is what most of us want when we wear a smokey eye. 
Blonde Mink: Honestly, this is a very disappointing shade. I think it could be awesome if the base color in it was more pigmented but all I get out of it is shimmer and no color payoff. When I do use it, I usually wet my brush and just try to pack it on top of the center of my lid, which works well and adds a little bit of drama to a look.

Fabulousness: Warm Eyes (Limited Edition)


From left to right: Glamour Light, Retrospeck, Honesty, Cognac & Sketch

From left to right: Sketch, Cognac, Honesty, Retrospeck & Glamour Light

Sketch: Deep cranberry with pink shimmer embedded through it. Looks gorgeous through the crease and outer third of the eye. This is definitely the perfect fall/winter color! 
Cognac: Once again, as most of the colors are in this palette, the perfect fall color! It is an extremely pigmented gold shade with tiny flecks of shimmer. Looks so amazing when paired up with Sketch!
Honesty: Shimmery, peachy pink color. It's not as pigmented as the other two I just mentioned but it is still a pretty color!
Retrospeck: I just started using this color actually and it's already a favorite! It has a gold undertone running through the main color that I would say is a light, steely grey. Beautiful lid color! 
Glamour Light: Your average, almost flesh tone color. It has a yellow base to it and a slight sheen of gold shimmer. It's not a color that I get too worked up about but it's nice to use when going for a neutral eye.


Love,
     Ky  


No comments:

Post a Comment