Thursday, September 12, 2013

Drugstore Lipsticks Galore!

So I made a trip to the drugstore recently and picked up quite a few new lipsticks! Some of them I had been eyeing for a while; others I just happened to stumble upon while I was at Walgreens. I picked up other items besides lipsticks that I will be blogging about soon but for now, I am going to share with you some of these beauties! 

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick



From left to right:  Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 103 & 60 ($4.99)

I had heard great things about these lipsticks so I decided I would give them a try since my Walgreens was having a buy on, get one half off sale. I was pleasantly surprised! They last for a long time, they don't feather at all and they aren't too drying! The only thing I was not a fan of was the scent of the lipsticks. They don't smell horrible and I can look past it for the most part but they do not smell good to me. I don't even know how to describe it but if you don't like lipsticks with a scent, don't buy these. Other than that, they are a great bargain! 

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick




From left to right: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Fuchsia Fierce & Hot Plum ($6.00)

Ekkk! I just can't get enough of these! I've already made mention of them several times but let me tell you all again: they are amazing. The formula is brilliant, they're shiny, they're just perfection. Absolutely go buy them! The color on the left called Fuchsia Fierce is a limited edition fall color that was recently released so if you like it, go get it now because it won't be out forever! 

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick




From left to right: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rich Girl Red & Wild Orchid ($6.99)

Another great find! Revlon has recently released a new formula within the Super Lustrous line called "shine", which obviously means the lipstick is more shiny. With that, the lipstick is more sheer and not as pigmented but I like it! Rich Girl Red is in the shine formula, while Wild Orchid is a pearl. You can tell by the picture that Wild Orchid is more pigmented than the shine formula but still glossy. Both are beautiful colors and wonderful products! 

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer 



 From left to right: Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Stellar & Nova ($5.00)

These are fairly new to the States and to my collection but I am loving them! They are like a lipgloss, lipstick and lip stain in one! They last for hours and don't get that tacky weird feeling like some long-lasting products do. I really, really like these and they come in quite a few colors so they are options for everyone!

Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Shine 




From left to right: Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stain in 04 Candied Coral ($2.99)

These are brilliant! So pigmented, hydrating and last for a very long time! I think they are much better than the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and they are a lot cheaper. They have quite a few colors to offer and most of them are very wearable, every day shades. I'm not sure if Jordana is sold at CVS but I know it is at Walgreens. 


Love,
     Ky  




No comments:

Post a Comment